Moldy frames? Something else?
I did my first big hive inspection of the spring today and there were 2 nasty looking frames among the otherwise healthy looking hive (observed honey, pollen, and all 3 stages of brood). I got the bees last spring so this was my first overwintering experience.
These two frames were the 2 leftmost in the lower of 2 deeps. Is this just mold? Or is it something more sinister? I took them out and put in a frame feeder for now. Can I put them back in as-is? Should I scrape it to the base? Bleach them? Throw them away?