Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
+61 [0] 422695171

I know: No selling honey that’s been exposed to Oxalic Acid Vapor. But can I eat it?

We are grateful you are here

I know: No selling honey that’s been exposed to Oxalic Acid Vapor. But can I eat it?

I'm just a dude with my own bees for my own honey, and posted today that I had a hive collapse and leave a full deep of honey. I treated with OAV in September and would love to jar this stuff for myself, but apparently there aren't any real studies about post-treatment levels and all I see online is "No" without explanation or experienced stories.

I saw that the LD for humans is 600mg/kg, so 60g for a 100kg guy like myself. I used 2 on the hive twice, the fear of it seems overblown, but what the heck do I know.

Will anyone admit to personal consumption of treated honey and tell me if you died? lol

But for real.

submitted by /u/quietlifeintheforest
[link] [comments]

 

Please Login to Comment.